Sociopops – Dose One – As for Bias

You have to wait ’til the very last lines to get the ‘anomie’ reference –
‘Adrift in a sea of normless-ness
Anomie shifts all dormant sets’

(At least I think that’s what the lines are!)

Interestingly Lyrics mania has the lyrics down as
‘upset a drift in a sea of normless-ness
And a knee-shift of dormant sets’

This clearly doesn’t make any sense. I would have left a comment informing them of the error, but I didn’t have time or the desire to register with the site.

To be honest I don’t know what the song’s about – listen to it – Dose is clearly pretty intelligent – I just wanted to win the prize for the most obscure reference to a sociology concept in a song.

Dose isn’t political – a true child of post-modernism – just commenting on how he gets through life in a fragmented world –

“I don’t have a message, a political decree. There’s no grail. All art is really about ‘How do I make it through these days?’ That’s why my writing is so fragmented. My style is very collage-oriented, junk-collector. What I love about poetry is when you can isolate a moment and hit the nail on the head. But I’m a TV baby and a lot of the voices I choose to use are from that medium. The way I hear writing and recording is like some exploding television program or a budget dream with special effects.”

You might like this too – Dose in action

Check out this for some history – it refers to his sexuality, which I’m sure you’ll all wondering about…